Become a coach
Softball, like most sports has a reputable coach education and accreditation program. Whether you are a coach, teacher, parent or a volunteer providing an opportunity for young people to play Softball, Softball Australia's coaching program will assist you to provide the best environment and progression to ensure lifelong participation in the sport.
Once you decide to become a coach in Softball you need to:
- Have the ability to teach basic skills, including throwing, catching, fielding a ball, hitting and moving between bases. Information about these basic skills, as well as tips and training programs to help you develop your teaching skills
- Register for 1 of 6 accreditation education courses appropriate to your level
- Access Softball equipment and appropriate uniforms for the team
- Share an understanding of the basic Softball rules, code of conduct and terminology to enable you to confidently take to the diamond
- Familiarize yourself with the coaching policies to ensure you provide a safe and positive Softball environment
- Consider building a team of friends, family members or work colleagues
- Participate in some Softball activities and programs designed to help you get started.